We all love fancy offices, fat pay cheques, the opportunity to interact with diverse people and most of all being in superior role. With every changing designation at your workplace, comes with it, its perks and its shortcomings.
When I decided to switch to being a part of an entrepreneurship , I decided to put all the expertise of my previous ten year mnc/corporate career to use.
Often, I would come across people’s posts, asking for help on work from home options.One of the most important aspects from working from home is to first shortlist your field of work. I did some research and here are some work from home options that can be tried.
- Data entry Jobs– Here the company will give you raw data to enter or segregate on an excel sheet. Certain data entry jobs will require you to even look for data online.
- Writing Jobs – There are various writing jobs in the market. You need to put down your field of specialization in your resume or profile. This way it will be easier for companies to shortlist you based on what they want you to write. You can start out by setting up your own blog and creating your own website. As a blogger, you need to upload at least one post weekly to keep your readers interested.There are various website that offer writing jobs. When selecting a particular website, you need to thoroughly go through their terms and conditions.
- VA assistants – These are virtual assistants. Virtual assistants usually help a company or an individual maintain their social profile. Virtual assistants are also required to manage an individual’s calendar for them. Each virtual assistant role is defined by a company or an individual
- Writing Jobs for Schools and Publishing houses – These writing jobs require you to create and edit content for educational entities and publishing houses. It may even require you to write for a certain magazine.
- Entrepreneurship Jobs – These jobs would usually mean working for your own self. You may be a small or a big entrepreneurial firm, however this means that when you are starting out, you would have to plan, organize and execute your activities yourself.
- Part Time WFH – This means part time work from home options. You may be required to be employed by an organisation that would provide you flexible hours of work. This agreement would be based entirely on the profile you apply for with a given organisation.
- Transcription Jobs – Transcription jobs usually require you to listen to audio and then transcript the audio. These audios may have various fields such as medical, entertainment, business, IT, etc. to transcripts in various languages.
- Reviewers – This category has a broad horizon. We all love to read reviews before we buy a certain product, visit a certain place, order food, travel to a different locale. There are various companies that pay you for reviewing them.Most product review companies let you try their products for free and expect you to provide them a good rating and review.
I am still in the process of learning about various job profiles. There are a multiple options out there. You just need to be able to tap the right one.You need to ensure that you have a blog or a website of your own where you can list down the services you offer your clients.
Here are my easy-to-follow steps to get start a self-hosted WordPress blog, no technical experience required.
- Step 1: Decide what to blog about.
- Step 2: Choose a blogging platform.
- Step 3: Find a host. …
- Step 4: Pick a domain name. …
- Step 5: Get started with WordPress.
- Step 6: Design & use your blog!
Some website that offer work from home (WFH) opportunities are
You need to create your profile and add your field of expertise on most of these profiles and you are good to go.
The image you create of yourself on social media talks a great deal about your professional self too. Employers now don’t ant to see just your resume, they will also judge you on your social media skills. It always helps to be cautious and aware of what you do on the social media. I’m sure with these tips and ideas you’ll soon be making more money than you did in your full-time work space.